Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Meet the Teacher

It would be really easy for me to use the "About Me" section for this, but unfortunately it posts the exact same thing on my teaching blog as it does on my personal blog. I don't want to say the same thing in both...boo! So I decided I'd make myself a blog button that linked back to an About Me post and use that instead. So here it is, the "Meet the Teacher" section of my little blog :)
Name: Claire Caudill
Hometown: Danville, KY
Alma Mater: Eastern Kentucky University, Richmond, KY
Degree: B.S., Learning and Behavior Disorders (K-12), Middle Grades English/Communications (5-9 grades)
Currently Pursuing: MA-TL, Moderate to Severe Disabilities (K-12), Teacher Leadership
Aspiration: Rank 1, Director of Special Education endorsement, Autism Spectrum Disorders cognate
Favorite subject: Reading!
Least favorite subject: Science :(
About Me: I am a third year educator of exceptional students, and this year I will be my district's elementary classroom for students with moderate to severe disabilities. Previously, I have taught in a {similar} classroom for students with mild mental disabilities, multiple disabilities and developmental disabilities. I love teaching and I wouldn't want to do anything else! Teacher blogging has really helped me become a better teacher and I can't believe I went an entire year without knowing about its amazingness :) I live in an apartment in my {small} town's downtown with my poodle, Gus. I have a {middle} brother with Autism and {baby} brother with Ankylosing Spondylitis, both of which I am very passionate about. My baby brother will be playing Division 1 baseball for Davidson College in North Carolina this fall, and I look forward to many trips down south to watch him throw the heat!
I like blogging, crafting, reading, pinning :), baking, cooking, watching lots of baseball, and finding new things to watch over Netflix. I am severely addicted to Dr. Pepper (especially $1 Dr. Peppers from McDonald's), Facebook, and the candy I keep in my kids' candy jar. Autism is my "favorite" disability. I can't wait to say I really have a degree in Autism, although to be honest I feel like I already do ;) I'm looking forward to networking and learning more about teaching through the wonderful world of blogging!


Photobucket

3 comments:

Delighted said...

Love the name of your blog. It is adorable!

First Grade Delight
imgoingfirst@gmail.com

Jessica said...

Welcome! Awesome blog!!

Tasha Whitt said...

I love your blog, and I am excited to connect with other special educators. I am new to the teaching and blogging world. :-) I have found great support through blogging. I am now following you.

-Tasha
ATenderTeacherforSpecialNeeds

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...