Monday, October 3, 2011

More Idioms

As y'all know, I've been working on idioms and figurative language lately! I wanted to share with you the activity I'm planning on doing tomorrow. I'm going to have my kids finish their own idioms! I was on the internet searching for idiom lesson plan ideas, when I came across the Teacher Tips/Training section of Suite 101. I read about a teacher who got her kids to illustrate the idioms, which I immediately thought was a fabulous idea! It got me thinking about their creativity, and made me wonder what it would be like to get them to create their own idioms based on ones we had already talked about. This will go one of two ways tomorrow: TOTALLY AWESOME or TOTALLY HORRIBLE! I'm hoping for awesome, but we shall see.
Check out my create-your-own-idiom sheets HERE if you are interested!
Have a great week! Next week is fall break for me...woo hoo!!! :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...