Saturday, October 15, 2011

The Sensory Bin

OK, so I was stalking Pinterest the other day and I came along the PERFECT thing for my classroom! Amanda Nickerson of One Extra Degree calls it The Stress Box. I'm planning on calling mine The Sensory Bin (because I'm trying not to be a total copycat), and thought I'd show you some pictures of what I have so far. Everything in my Sensory Bin came from good ole Target, and almost all of it was from the dollar section....love that part :)


The Sensory Bin so far. Excuse the bad lighting, I'm still on fall break with my family and was in a Hampton Inn hotel room when I took this picture. Lighting = not ideal.


  

The Sensory Bin includes a funny little pullable, squeezable face filled with air and some Mardi Gras beads. I've got one little darling who loves to jingle keys (says he enjoys the noise they make) and I think he'd really like the Mardi Gras beads for some self-calming.
    

Next, we've got one of those stretchy headbands that I can never get to stay on my head and two gooey, stretchy lizards. The headband will be good for pulling and stretching, and it has a nice bumpy texture to it. And who doesn't love to stretch those little lizards? Come on, admit it!

       

Finally, it has stretchable, moldable, disgusting clear putty and one of those fun water tubes! I think it is a winning combination ;)

I'm planning on using the stress bin in my resource class for a student with autism, but I'm also considering making them for some EBD kiddos I've been working with who aren't in the resource room. We shall see! Thanks again, Amanda, for the inspiration. Your Stress Box was a big inspiration to me :)

Photobucket

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Thanks for the shout out! I hope your sensory bin is a hit with your kiddos!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...