Sunday, November 13, 2011

Hi, I'm Claire and I have a problem...

I have a confession to make: I'm a blog idea thief! It is the main thing I use for teaching strategies these days. I just can't help it; if I see a fantastic idea on someone's blog, I just have to go and recreate it to make it my own. That being said, I always give credit and link back (usually multiple times) to the blogger who first used and posted the idea. In that spirit, I'd like to share 2 of my most recent stolen successes! Hope they are ideas that are useful to you :)
First of all, I was wandering around on Pinterest looking for a new way to teach spelling words. The strategies I was using were still working, but they were getting a little old. I came upon this Read, Write, Create sheet that was pinned from a seller at TpT, and I knew I had to make my own! Her's looks like this:
So cute, and the pack comes with tons more activities! I didn't use this one, but instead made my own with the kids' spelling words. Because I teach so many different grade levels, I have 3 different spelling lists to keep up with each week (crazy!) so having an activity that they all can do really helps to lighten my load. I make one template, then just change up the words...easy! Hop on over to TpT to check out the original post and pack, Popcorn Word Literacy Activities by Melissa Freshwater. Thanks for the idea, Melissa :)
Next, I was working on multiplying activities (again) the other day and about flipped when I saw an AMAZING activity over on Second Grade Shenanigans. Multiplying using repeated addition with marshmallows and Fruit Loops...what a great idea! If the kids were right, they got to eat their answer :) So fun! I forgot to take pictures, so here is the picture from Hope's blog:


Is she just too creative or what?! You can click HERE to go straight to her blog and read the original post about multiplication. I've said it before and I'll say it again: I don't know where I'd be without you awesome teacher bloggers :) Thanks for all your help as I continue to gather ideas for teaching the new alternate assessment standards.


Photobucket

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...