Sunday, November 20, 2011

Turkeys for my Turkeys :)

TWO MORE DAYS! YAY! :) The kids are *almost* as excited as I am about Thanksgiving break. Growing up, I always thought the kids were the ones who really appreciated days off of school, but man was I wrong...teachers love them so much more!
This week in writing, we'll be making these turkeys to show what we're thankful for. We will be writing different things we are thankful for on the feathers and then gluing them to the circular body that says "This year, I'm thankful for...". Finally, we're going to glue them onto construction paper and have them laminated to make place mats. I've never made these before, so unfortunately I don't have any pictures of the final product to show as an example. We are doing these on Monday, so I'll post pictures as soon as we're done. I think they'll be really cute!
The templates for the turkey bodies and feathers can be found HERE. Unfortunately, I don't have a template for the heads or feet, so feel free to create those yourself. They are really easy to cut out, but IMPOSSIBLE to create in a Power Point presentation. Have any ideas to modify this or make it better? Please feel free to share :) I always love suggestions!
Happy Short-Week-of-Thanksgiving!

Photobucket

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...