Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Eleven in Eleven

Hadar at Miss Kindergarten and Kristin at A Teeny Tiny Teacher are hosting a fun, end-of-the-year linky party called...





Sounds like fun to me! :) Here goes.

11. Favorite movie you watched
Gosh, the first question is already a challenge! There are about 4 that stand out in my mind for different reasons. The four I liked the most are Scream 4, The Help, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part II, and The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part I. They are all so different, but here are my explanations. 
Scream 4: After being introduced to the original Scream trilogy a couple of years ago, I totally fell in LOVE! Back in April, my {now ex} husband and I won tickets to the Scream 4 premiere in Los Angeles. It was fantastic! Not as good as the first 3, but still pretty good :)
The Help: I DEVOURED the book in about 2 days just a few months before the movie came out. It was the best {non-Harry Potter, non-Twilight, non-True Blood} book I have read in a long time. They movie was ALMOST as good as the book.
Harry Potter 7.2: The finale to the aMaZiNg series of books and movies completely delivered...I mean WOW! Definitely my favorite Potter movie so far. On a side note, have I ever mentioned I love Bellatrix LeStrange?
Breaking Dawn: Best Twilight movie so far! It was definitely gruesome at the end {eww!} but otherwise I really did like it. Lots of Jacob, which makes me happy :)
OK, all that being said, I'd say my FAVORITE movie this year was...

10. Favorite TV series:
I have many series that I love, but the one that is  currently on TV that I love the most is Desperate Housewives. I've followed those girls since they came on TV so many years ago and I am so, so sad to see them go at the end of this season :( Honorable mentions go to Modern Family, True Blood, and {now off the air} Big Love.

9. Favorite restaurant:
PF Chang's! O...M...G I freakin' LOVE that place! They have the best Crab Rangoon and Lettuce Wraps anywhere, and their Sesame Chicken is fantastic. Seriously, I'm glad the closest one is 40 miles away ;)
8. Favorite new thing you tried:
I'd have to say BLOGGING! :) Blogging is what makes my teaching world go 'round these days. Well, blogging and Pinning actually. Teacher blogs have totally change my teaching and my attitude about it. It totally keeps me on toes at all times. Thanks, Cara Carroll, for being the first teacher blogger I ever stalked :)

7. Favorite gift you got:
Good grief, is it a bad sign that I can't even remember what I got for my birthday?! I'm sure it was something fantastic and probably cooking-related, but I can't even remember what it was. AWFUL! I'll tell ya my favorite Christmas gift, which was definitely amazing :) I got this fabulous knife set from Santa {he still visits me} this year, and it goes perfectly in my crazy orange kitchen.

6. Favorite thing you pinned:
Aside from blogging, Pinning is definitely the next best thing for my teaching :) It links me up with so many great resources and ideas. I've not only found great teaching ideas, but also great recipes, craft ideas, and photo fun! One of the best things I've made that was discovered via-Pinterest were these Seasoned Fries with Skinny Garlic Aioli from Skinnytaste.com. Yum yum!

5. Favorite blog post:
Probably this one about the 10 reasons I know Christmas is near! Actually, the original post from the linky party's author was the best ("if you can hear me, slap your neighbor")...check that one out at Tunstall's Teaching Tidbits!

4. Best accomplishment:
Ummm, just making it through my last year of teaching was a darn MIRACLE! Seriously, I didn't think I'd make it at least once a week last year. It was a challenge for sure, but I made it through and this year is going MUCH better. I'm so very thankful that I still have a job and that I'm getting another chance to try and make a difference in the lives of kids :)

3. Favorite picture: 
This one of me and my daddy at Thanksgiving has to be a favorite from this year!
This one of me repping our district's cross-town rival (AKA my alma mater) while my instructional assistants rep our district is another good one! :) {Side note: please ignore the messy table to the right of the photo.}

2. Favorite memory:
I had several good memories from this year, but I have to say the surprise trip to Los Angeles mentioned above was full of them! We had a good time, and I got to check something off of my bucket list....eating at the garlic restaurant, The Stinking Rose. Fantastic!
1. Goal for 2012:
My goal for 2012 is to make myself a more social person. Teaching is amazing, but it can wear you out (as you well know), and sometimes I feel like all I do is teach, plan, eat, and sleep. I'm also going to continue stretching the minds of my little darlings and my own skills by implementing new things I learn via blogging and conferences/cadres!

Hope you are having a great break! Head on over to Kristin or Hadar's blogs and link up your own 11 in '11. Happy New Year!

Photobucket

4 comments:

Ms. Chrissy B said...

New follower!

Harry Potter was awesome! Long-awaited.

Buzzing with Ms. B

Kristin said...

Thanks for linking up!!
I love PF Changs - I'm partial to the honey crispy shrimp. YUM!
I am a big fan of Reagan's and the slap your neighbor got me, too!
I think I need to try those garlic fries . . .
A Teeny Tiny Teacher

Heather's Heart said...

Okay, Kristin has commented on what I was going to say too! I LOVE PF Changs and eat there whenever I visit a place that has one. Those fries look amazing!

Just from reading your blog I can tell you have a heart for the kiddos you teach! I am so excited to follow you and read more!

I would love for you to come hop on over to my blog when you get a chance! =)

Heather
Heather's Heart

kindergartenbasics said...

You're doing great at blogging! I know socializing is difficult when you teach. I could barely speak one-syllable words by Friday night. I'm following you from the K Expo linky. Hope you'll visit my blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...