Saturday, December 31, 2011

A Post I am Thankful for...

Hi friends. I know I just posted a little New Year's post, but I just found this blog and had to share it with you, particularly the post I'm linking to. I was just chatting with another "speckled egg" about how effective medications can be for kids with disabilities, and how I wish parents wouldn't immediately write it off as being a detriment to their child. Sure, it is a last resort, but after living with a person who has autism and who is medicated, I can see the ENORMOUS difference it can make. Now, it doesn't work for everyone, but it isn't the devil, either. :) Here's a post from a mom who has a son with autism about why she advocates for medication when nothing else is working. I found it inspiring, and I plan on showing it to parents who ask to hear a medication success story.

Click here to go to the post!

Photobucket

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...