Friday, February 10, 2012

12 Fun Facts and Stuff

Karlie Johnson at We are ALL Special tagged me in a post...thanks Karlie! I love to find bloggers who teach special ed...we are so rare :)


So here are the rules:

1. You must post the rules.
2. Post 12 fun facts about yourself on the blog post.
3. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post, and then create 12 new questions for the people you tagged.
4. Tag 12 people and link them on your post (**Not gonna lie, I only tagged 8**).
5. Let them know you've tagged them!



Fun Facts About Me
1. I can't eat anything with a bone in it. Bones totally gross me out AND remind me that what I am eating was once alive. I know I'm weird, don't worry.
2. I have a brother with Autism and a brother with Ankylosing Spondylitis. Both of these disorders have the same awareness month: April!
3. Although I am a big Autism advocate, I do not care for Autism Speaks. I don't believe that Autism needs a "cure" and will go to battle with anyone who says it does.
4. I have lots of pillows on my bed and none of the pillow cases ever match my sheets. I like it that way! 
5. My dog has dreams every night in which he weirdly barks in his sleep. It's happening again right now :) 
6. I worked at Kohl's in college and I loved it! I truly feel that my position at Kohl's helped me become a better leader for the people that work in my classroom.
7. I am totally in love with Pinterest! It drives me crazy when people call it "Pin Interest". 
8. I adore candles, particularly Yankee Candles or the ones from Bath and Body Works.
9. I live over top of a business on Main Street. It is so fun to be downtown!
10. I always fall in love with books that become hits. Cases in point: The Hunger Games, The Twilight Saga, and Harry Potter.
11. I have extremely strong political views but I don't like to talk about them. The confrontation makes me nervous.
12. I absolutely love special education.



  1. Where do you live/where are you from? I live in Danville, KY and I'm from Danville, KY too :)
  2. What is your best teaching advice? My best teaching advice comes in the form of a quote I pinned on Pinterest. Here it is: 
                          
  3. If you could only keep one thing that was in your classroom what would it be? That's hard! I guess I'd have to say the SMARTBoard....but that would also require the computer and projector!
  4. What is your favorite thing to do on the weekend? Blog! Well, blog and relax.
  5. How long have you been teaching? A year and a half, but I swear it already feels like I've been doing it forever (in a good way)!
  6. What is your favorite memory? Probably my wedding! Although I'm not married anymore I still think it was one of the best and most beautiful days of my life. I just wish it had been with someone who stuck around forever.
  7. What is your favorite store?  I really love me some Kohl's.
  8. What do you typically wear to school? I dress up twice a week, wear corduroys and something a little more casual once a week, and wear jeans and a school shirt twice a week. 
  9. What is your favorite activity to do with your kids? I love to cook with them! Talk about chaotic, but they love it.
  10. What is your favorite book? Besides all the fad ones, I'd have to say Fantastic Mr. Fox or The Help.
  11. Do you have a Pinterest? YES! Follow me HERE! :)
  12. What is your favorite restaurant? PF Chang's. I absolutely love that place.

Now it's my turn to learn about you....
1. Karla
2. Amanda
3. Rachel
4. Kara
6. Denise


Not gonna lie, I'm stopping at 8! I'd like to know about some of the really big bloggers, too, but many of them have posted things like this before. I bet it can be overkill!

1. What is your favorite thing about teaching?
2. Are you in the subject/grade/concentration that you want to stay in forever?
3. What is the best piece of technology you have in your classroom?
4. Where did you get your Bachelor's/Master's/Rank 1 and in what area?
5. What is the best PD you have ever attended?
6. What is your favorite thing to do over summer break?
7. What inspired you to go into teaching?
8. Snow days: love 'em or hate 'em?
9. What is your favorite thing to teach (a subject or just a topic)?
10. Do you do most of your planning/prepping/grading at home or at school?
11. What is your favorite blog? Be honest and tell a favorite! I want to know where you get your greatest ideas!
12. What is the best thing about your school (besides the kids!)? 

I am so excited to learn more about some of you!



Photobucket

2 comments:

kjohnson4 said...

So much fun to learn more about you! Thanks for sharing:)
We are ALL Special!

Ashley said...

I gave you (another) Liebster Blog award! Check it out at my blog...

www.teachinginthenet.blogspot.com

~Ashley

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...