Sunday, February 19, 2012

Behavior Management Linky Party and Freebie!

Ms. T at Journey of a Substitute Teacher is hosting a behavior management linky party! Ahhh, behavior management...the theme of my life. I spend half of my planning period every day checking behavior charts, and the rest of my day trying to manage many different lovely behaviors :) Actually, I really like behavior so this is a great linky party for me to be participating in!
I wanted to share a resource I got in an online graduate class (I'm currently working on a certification in Moderate to Severe Disabilities). DISCLAIMER: I did NOT create this resource, I have simply found it helpful and am sharing. This is a Functional Behavior Assessment form that can be used to track challenging behaviors throughout the day. Most of the time, FBAs are very detailed and require a day to completely record student behavior. Ummm, WHO HAS TIME FOR THAT??? This is a resource I have been able to use because it is quick and easy. Every time the student demonstrates a behavior of concern, mark this chart with a number. First, you put the number under the behavior column in whatever area it belongs. Then, put the number in the correct perceived function column. Finally, put the number under the correct consequence column. Add notes as necessary to help you remember what happened. I know that is confusing, but I've included a few sample numbers so you can see what I'm talking about.
I've added this file to Google Docs as a Word document so that you can change the setting, behaviors, etc. It looks really weird in Google Docs, but if you download the original it SHOULD work just fine. If not, please comment on this post and I'll be glad to send you the original. Please feel free to use this resource, but don't claim it as your own :) Thanks and enjoy :)

GRAB IT HERE!
Photobucket

6 comments:

Miss T said...

Thanks for linking up!


Journey of a Substitute Teacher

Busy Bee Andrea said...

So.. I am a HUGE nerd and LOVE data collection :) Would be happy to share some of the different things I have used akbusybee@gmail.com

vicky1970 said...

Hi , I just found you- I'm having fun finding new friends through blogging. I am a new blogger and I teach first grade. Come visit me sometime.
Vicky
Traditions Laughter and Happily Ever After

Kim said...

Behavior! Awww....the bane of spec. ed.!! I love your blog!
I also spending most (okay all) of my planning period doing beh. charts and giving rewards/breaks! Whew!
I am following!!

Kim
mrshsresourceroom.blogspot.com

Mrs. Poland said...

Thanks for the info and file! I am loving the linky as I just discovered angry bird anger management and am loving it. It has already had just an impact on my special kiddos and I just happen to have a big collection of angry bird stuffed animals left over from a math lesson.

Mrs Poland
Think, Wonder, & Teach

kjohnson4 said...

Thank you for all your stories, cute ideas, and freebies. I enjoy seeing your new posts, and it's nice reading stories from a fellow special ed teacher, so I awarded you the One Lovely Blog Award. Stop by my blog to check it out, and have a great day!

We are ALL Special!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...