Sunday, February 5, 2012

So Many Things!!!

FIRST: OK, I spent an AWESOME day yesterday at a blogger meet up in Cincinnati! Abby and Michelle organized a lunch for us at the Cheesecake Factory (yum!) and we had 50 blogging teachers there!!! It was so much fun. I totally felt like I was waiting in line to meet a character and Disney World when I was waiting to thank Abby at the end...I love her stuff and I feel like she's famous ;-) Katie and I rode up together and she's got some pictures from the afternoon...hop over to her blog and check them out! I'd like to thank her, too, for linking to my blog...thanks Katie! :)

SECOND: About a month ago, Rachel gave me the Versatile Blogger Award...thanks Rachel! She's another special ed teacher who blogs, so please go check her out for some great ideas at:





Now, I'm supposed to tell you seven random things about myself. Here goes...
1. I have to have a McDonald's Dr. Pepper every morning. I know this is HORRIBLE for me, but I just can't help it! I think if I could have a Dr. Pepper IV hooked up to me at all times I would do it.
2. I am a cat lover, but I'm not so jazzed about dogs...except when it comes to bulldogs and poodles. I love poodles for their dispositions and the fact that they don't shed. I love bulldogs for their funny faces, tons of wrinkles, and fantastic personalities. Ironically, I don't have a cat at this point.
3. I'm totally hooked on HBO shows via Netflix. I don't have cable, let alone HBO, but I love all of their shows and constantly have something of there's out through Netflix. My two favorites so far are Big Love and True Blood.
4. I feel panicky when I'm without my iPhone. I am totally addicted and will never be without an iPhone again.
5. I would eat appetizers for every meal, every day if this wasn't like the WORST caloric thing I could possibly do. I'm a huge fan of cream cheesey dips...yum.
6. I love bumper stickers. I have 5 on my car and would seriously have 30 if I could.
7. I really want to be a crafty person, but just can't seem to do it. What wouldn't I give to be able to whip up cute wreaths all the time???

That was fun! I can't wait to give this award to some other newer bloggers. I'll make sure to let you know who I gave it to when I do!

THIRD: I've created a fun little Valentine's Day Go Fish game with some contractions we're working on. This is part one and if it goes well I'll also post part two. Some things go over well and some just don't, so we'll see. The rules are traditional Go Fish rules, except kiddos match the phrase to the contraction (i.e. were not to weren't). Hope you like it!







I know that's a blurry picture, but I'm new at putting these little shots together! OK, that was a lot of stuff. Hope you've had a good weekend and please keep your fingers crossed that we'll get a SNOW DAY  very soon... I need it! :)

Photobucket

3 comments:

Abby said...

If I were a character at Disney, I'd probably be Goofy because that's what I am!!!!! Loved meeting y'all yesterday, too!!!! Hope you didn't have to drive back in too much rain!!!

Happy Sunday :)

Desiree said...

I am glad that I found you... I am a new follower.:)

Kinders on the Block

Lisa Lizak and Beth Wright said...

HAHA :) I totally felt the same way when I met Abby and Michelle, just in awe of their awesomeness :) Wish I would have had a chance to talk to you! Have a great day!

Lisa :)
Made In The Shade In Second Grade

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...