Sunday, July 8, 2012

DIY: Teacher's Toolbox

Among the many AMAZING Pinterest finds that I've been lusting after for months is the Teacher's Toolbox. My inspiration came from these two pins:
                               Source: lessonswithlaughter.com via Claire on Pinterest

                            
                                                                          Source: mrsrojasteaches.blogspot.com via Shana on Pinterest














I am definitely not the craftiest person, but I knew I could make this! I ran out to Walmart and got myself some cute, new scrapbook paper and then headed on over to Ace Hardware to buy myself a "drawer storage cabinet" ($12.99). I checked at Lowe's, and they were totally out of the kind used in the posts above :-( So sad! When I got to Ace, they only had a 12 drawer organizer. In the end, this really meets my needs better than the 22 drawer version above. I just didn't need that many drawers! Please excuse the crappy iPhone picture of my Teacher's Toolbox below (which is definitely sitting on my unmade bed, by the way):


Seriously, I have GOT to get a functioning camera! I didn't want to spray paint my toolbox, so I went with greens and blues that I thought looked good with the gray exterior of the organizer. Plus, the whole green-blue-gray deal works really well with my beachy/oceany classroom this year! A win-win. The drawers I decided on were: paper clips, staples, binder clips, pencil top erasers, rubber bands, rings, white out, glue sticks (all small drawers) and pens & pencils, Sharpies, highlighters, Expos (all large drawers). This was really simple to make, and I know it is going to get TONS of use between myself and the IAs in my room this coming year.
Hope your July is creeping by slowly! ;-) Mine has been, but I just got the call that my classroom is ready, so I guess things are about to gear back up. Good thing I love it, right? 

Photobucket

5 comments:

Doobee said...

This looks super! The colours will match your beachy theme. The 12 drawer holder is just perfect for the most needed items...

Heidi said...

I am liking the idea of a 12 drawer one much better than the bigger ones. I am glad you posted this. I have been wanting to get one, but my exact thoughts have been: it looks too big for me. Yours turned out really well. :)

Heidi
My (Not So) Elementary Life

Tara said...

Your teacher toolbox turned out super cute!!! Thanks so much for linking up:) I hope you can come back next week and share some more:) I would love it if you would grab my button:) Thanks again:)

4th Grade Frolics

TammySF. said...

I'm a new follower!! Just found your blog YAY!!!! I hope you'll check out my blog sometime:)

Tammy
1...2...3...Teach With Me

Jill said...

This is a great toolbox, thanks for sharing.

Jill
Bubbalulu.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...